To participate in the Skit Contest, you must have a badge to A&G Ohio 2014. All participants must read and agree to the A&G Ohio weapon and costume policy.Commissioned costumes are allowed to enter the contest. You must give credit to the creator. Maximum number of members for a group is 6. (This applies for costume judging as well)
- Participants must visit Lounge Ops (Terrace Salons) and sign up for audio review / recording time (if applicable).
- Upon that visit you will be handed a time and location for your Scheduled Review Time. You must show up during this time and have your audio reviewed.If you do not have an audio track recorded yet and would like to Record Your Skit, A&G Ohio and Anime Midstream will be running the first ever Costume Contest Recording Booth! You will have a set amount of time to professionally record your skit to use during the (8pm) Costume Contest Event! (You must bring MP3 track of your music with you if you wish to insert music into your track- A&G Ohio will not be responsible for gathering music to place into your skit track)Meet inside main events at 7pm (1 hour) prior to the start of the show.
- Introductions (group name or all names of people included) must be turned into the Lounge Ops when signing up for skit.
- Performances must be under 4 minutes in length.
- Keep all actions PG-13
- Please provide audio on CD. We will try to accommodate audio from thumbnails or computers if known in advance.
- Participants must clean up anything left on stage.
- There is to be no use of fire, lasers, flash powder, glitter, or similar materials.
- Any damage caused to A&G Ohio or Hotel property by participants will be paid for and fixed by the participants. Please be aware of mics, speakers, etc.
- Performances are based on a scale of 1-5 in the categories of: technicality, artistry, character representation and presentation. All of the categories are broke down below.
Lines memorized (or if pre-recorded audio must match movement and vocals), basic vocal projection and choreography
Universal appeal/entertainment value, timing, thought out plot and projecting message of the script.
How well the performance accurately portrays each character.
Overall presentation; visual appeal, audience reaction*REMEMBER! If you would like to record your skit and have it in the Best possible quality for the show, you are in luck! A&G Ohio 2013 will be the FIRST CONVENTION EVER to have a recording room!
Already have a soundtrack for the show? You will need to bring your recording to the Recording Room to ensure proper playback, format and quality. Recordings will take place starting Friday and up until 2 hours before showtime on Saturday. Space is limited so line up early!
PRE-SIGN UP BY FILLING OUT THE FORM BELOW (AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 1st, 2013)
Once submitted you will receive your time via the email address provided. Times will start at 4pm Friday.